Wednesday, September 01, 2004

Welcome to EduDude!

Welcome to the first EduDude post. The title “EduDude” is a rip-off of PhotoDude, a much better site than this one. See The Daily Whim link under "links." (If you go there, remember to behave). I have always enjoyed politics and I have a degree in education. My problem has always been that in education it pays to keep one's mouth shut. No matter how stupid the latest mandate may be, do not speak your mind. So, after a top secret meeting with the PhotoDude himself, I decided to begin this blog.

To be honest I’m not sure how the technology works and really don’t care. I am still amazed by computer solitaire and a nephew in Virginia keeps me updated on the latest computer games. What I do care about is that I now have a place to anonymously rant about whatever comes to mind. Mostly this site is about politics and education and politics in education. And just for honest disclosure , I am just right of center in the political world. There are exceptions to that rule but there will be plenty of time for all of that later. Please feel free to leave comments. Just be aware that intelligence trumps profanity. And PLEASE, no talking points!